Friday, March 9, 2012

Low Fat Fudge Style Brownies from a box

My hubby figured out how to make brownies low fat for me a few years ago and I think I am forever in his debt now! I haven't figured out how to do it from scratch yet but I'm working on it!

13 x 9 Family size box of brownie mix
1/4 c water
2/3 c applesauce
4 egg whites

Stir together until well blended.  Put into a sprayed 9 x 13 pan  ( I like to use a 8 x 11 to make them a little thicker).  Bake at 350 for 20 - 26 minutes depending on how gooey you like your brownies.  Right after you remove them from the oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar.  If you want them EXTRA chocolate-y, stir in 1/2 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

But without the chips, if you cut the pan into 20 brownies, each brownie has only 1/2 gram of fat and no cholesterol!  Guilt free brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment