Friday, March 9, 2012

Quick and Easy Pumpkin Muffins

2 cake mixes ( I like to mix and match with the following flavors - butter pecan, carrot, and spice)
1 big can (or 4 c) Pumpkin puree
1 - 2 cups of chips (I've used mini choc chips, semi sweet chips, milk chocolate, butterscotch, cinnamon and white chocolate - I like to combine them - I love the butterscotch with the pumpkin)
1 c dried fruit (opt)  - dried cranberries would be my choice

Mix the cake mixes and pumpkin together and stir in the chips and fruit if desired.  Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the top springs back when you touch it.  You can also use the recipe for cookies - just bake them for  - 10 minutes.

This is a great low fat and cholesterol free recipe.  It makes about 36 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment